European Energy Law Report VIII
The European Energy Law Report VIII presents an overview of the most important legal developments in the field of EU and national energy and climate change law as discussed at the 2010 European Energy Law Seminar.
The first part discusses new developments following the energy liberalisation process and the Third Energy Package. It includes an overview of the recent EU case law on competition in the energy sector. This is followed by a discussion about the cooperation of TSOs and, in particularly, the role of ENTSO as well as an analysis of the Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER) and its role in enhancing the cooperation of national energy regulators. Finally, it discusses Regulation 994/2010 as a measure to improve the EU's security of gas supply.
The second part deals with the promotion of renewable energy sources in a liberalised market. It examines Directive 2009/28/EC as Europe‘s new tool to reach its ambitious goals of 20% renewables in 2020. Thereafter, it discusses Denmark’s new law providing new incentives for the promotion of onshore wind energy.
The third part concentrates on investments in the energy sector and climate change. It begins with an analysis of the EU rules concerning energy and investment after the Lisbon Treaty. Thereafter the focus turns to the Yukos case and international arbitration by foreign energy investors in Russia. Finally, it examines direct foreign investment and its role for combating climate change.
With contributions by Nicole Ahner, Jens Bengtsson, Anatole Boute, Adrien de Hauteclocque, Nadia Horstmann, Florence Melchior, Steven de Moel, Silke Mutter Goldberg, Elisabeth Tuerk, Moritz von Unger, Wim Vandenberghe, Hans Vedder, Stefan Weishaar and Edwin Woerdman.
|Type of product||Book|
|EAN / ISSN||9781780680125|
|Series name||Energy & Law|
|Number of pages||xxvi + 224 p.|
|Access to exercice||No|
|Publication Date||Aug 31, 2011|
|Available on Jurisquare||No|
|Available on Strada Belgique||No|
|Available on Strada Europe||No|
|Available on Strada Luxembourg||No|
- Table of Contents
- Part I. The Third Energy Package and the Promotion of Market Liberalisation – Competition Law and Cross-border Integration
- Chapter I. Competition in the EU Energy Sector – An Overview of Developments in 2009 and 2010
- Chapter II. Cooperation between TSOs: Background, Organisation and Netcodes
- Chapter III. Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators Its Particularities and Its Role in Enhancing the Cooperation of National Energy Regulators
- Part II. Promoting Security of Energy Supply and the Production of Renewable Energy Sources in a Liberalised Market
- Chapter IV. Regulation 994/2010: A Measure to Improve the Security of Gas Supply in the EU?
- Chapter V. The Framework for Supporting Renewable Energy in Europe: Implementing Directive 2009/28/EC
- Chapter VI. New Incentives for Promoting More Wind Power in Denmark
- Part III. Investments in the Energy and Climate Change Sector
- Chapter VII. EU Rules concerning Energy and Investment after the Lisbon Treaty
- Chapter VIII. Access to International Arbitration by Foreign Energy Investors in Russia The Impact of the Yukos Decision on Jurisdiction
- Chapter IX. The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in Combating Climate Change
- Chapter X. New Auction Rules under the EU Climate Change Regime: Optimal Prevention of Market Abuse?