Digital Content and Distance Sales
New Developments at EU Level
Digital Content & Distance Sales analyses three legal instruments proposed by the European Commission in the context of its Digital Single Market Strategy, which has recently become one of its priorities. The proposed instruments are: (1) a directive for the supply of digital content; (2) a directive for the online and other distance sales of goods; and (3) a regulation on cross-border portability of online content services in the internal market. This book takes a combined approach of setting out the broader legislative and political context of the proposed legal instruments, giving the reader a general overview of the background and subsequent impact of the proposals, and indepth analyses of specific aspects, advantages and challenges. Through this approach, the authors offer valuable insight into key areas of legal development.
This book will be useful to academics and practitioners working in contract law, particularly European contract law.
Digital version available on :
- Strada lex Belgium
You have a subscription? Activate the digital version for free with the code in the book.
|Type of product||Book|
|EAN / ISSN||9781780684154 / 9781780686035|
|Number of pages||xiv + 362 p.|
|Access to exercice||No|
|Publication Date||Aug 30, 2017|
|Available on Jurisquare||Yes|
|Available on Strada Belgique||Yes|
|Available on Strada Europe||No|
|Available on Strada Luxembourg||No|
- Table of Contents
- Part I. Introduction
- Not good but Certainly Content: The Proposals for European Harmonisation of Online and distance Selling of Goods and the Supply of Digital Content
- Part II. Proposals for a Directive on Online and Distance sales of Tangible Goods and for a Directive on Digital content
- Proposal for a Directive on Certain Aspects Concerning Contracts for the Online and Other Distance Sales of Goods:Scope of Application, definitions and Conformity
- Proposal for a Directive on Digital Content: Scope of Application and Liability for a Lack of Conformity
- Remedies, Modification of Digital content and Right to Terminate Long-Term Digital Content Contracts
- Commercial Guarantees in the Proposal for a Directive on Certain Aspects Concerning Contracts for the Online and Other Distance Sales of Goods
- Right of Redress
- Part III. Proposal for a Regulation on Cross-Border Portability of Online Content Services in the Internal Market
- 'Content-Wherever-You-Go': Towards Cross-Border Portability of Online Digital Content
- Part IV. Conclusion
- The New Proposals for Directives Concerning Digital Content and Online/Distance Sales: What Impact on Consumer Protection?