The EU Private Damages Directive - Practical Insights
Minutes of the Closed Workshop 2015
This book on the EU Private Damages Directive (PDD) offers an in-depth discussion of selected issues of interpretation of the PDD. The Directive sets out certain rules necessary to ensure that anyone who has suffered harm caused by an infringement of competition law by an undertaking or by an association of undertakings, can effectively claim full compensation for that harm from that undertaking or association.
Each section corresponds with a chapter of the PDD and commences with a description of the general context within which the specific questions must be placed and understood. The outcome of the actual discussion is then provided in a Q&A format.
The chapters are the result of a Closed Workshop organised on 21 May 2015 in Brussels, Belgium and which was attended by a group of competition law specialists from the majority of the EU Member States.
|Type of product||Book|
|EAN / ISSN||9781780683829|
|Number of pages||viii + 110 p.|
|Access to exercice||No|
|Publication Date||Mar 15, 2016|
|Available on Jurisquare||No|
|Available on Strada Belgique||No|
|Available on Strada Europe||No|
|Available on Strada Luxembourg||No|
- Table of Contents
- Chapter I. Subject-Matter, Scope and Definitions
- Chapter II. Disclosure of Evidence
- Chapter III. Effect of National Decisions, Limitation Periods, Joint and Several Liability
- Chapter IV. The Passing-on of Overcharges
- Chapter V. Quantification of Harm
- Chapter VI. Consensual Dispute Resolution
- Chapter VII. Final Provisions
- Annex 1. Private Damages Directive
- Annex 2. List of Participants in the Closed Workship