100% secure payment
maestro mastercard visa
Questions about this product? Contact our customer service
The Place of Religion in Family Law: A Comparative Search
Book | 1st edition 2011 | United Kingdom | Jane Mair, Esin Örücü
To what extent does family law accommodate, deny, support or reflect the existence of religion and religious belief in a range of jurisdictions and throughout various family and social situations? This collection of comparative essays brings together reflections on a range of religions, including Islam, Judaism and Roman Catholicism. With insights, both historical and contemporary, from Ireland, Israel, Malta, Sweden, Russia, Turkey and the UK, it seeks to discover the place which religion has or might have within family law.
About the book
‘[i]t will hopefully function as a catalyst for further examination of the intricacies of the interaction [between religion and family law].’
Jacqueline Gray in European Journal of Law Reform 2012, 534
|Type of product||Book|
|EAN / ISSN||9781780680156|
|Series name||European Family Law|
|Number of pages||xvi + 386 p.|
|Access to exercice||No|
|Publication Date||Aug 18, 2011|
|Available on Jurisquare||No|
|Available on Strada Belgique||No|
|Available on Strada Europe||No|
|Available on Strada Luxembourg||No|
- Table of Contents
- INTRODUCTORY OVERVIEW
- INTRODUCTION TO THE PLACE OF RELIGION IN FAMILY LAW: A COMPARATIVE SEARCH
- PART ONE. ACCOMMODATING A PLACE FOR RELIGION?
- ISLAMIC LAW IN BRITISH COURTS: DO WE NOT KNOW OR DO WE NOT WANT TO KNOW?
- THE PLACE OF RELIGION IN FAMILY LAW: THE INTERNATIONAL PRIVATE LAW IMPERATIVE
- PART TWO. DENYING A PLACE FOR RELIGION?
- THE LEGAL SCOPE FOR RELIGIOUS IDENTITY IN FAMILY MATTERS – THE PARADOXES OF THE SWEDISH APPROACH
- FAMILY LAW AND RELIGION: THE RUSSIAN PERSPECTIVE, PAST AND PRESENT
- HOW FAR CAN RELIGION BE ACCOMMODATED IN THE LAIC FAMILY LAW OF TURKEY?
- PART THREE. SUPPORTING A PLACE FOR RELIGION?
- RELIGION AND FAMILY LAW IN IRELAND: FROM A CATHOLIC PROTECTION OF MARRIAGE TO A “CATHOLIC” APPROACH TO NULLITY
- THE INFLUENCE OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN MALTESE FAMILY LAW AND POLICY
- JEWISH FAMILY LAW AND SECULAR LEGAL ORDERS: THE EXAMPLE OF GET REFUSAL
- PRAYERS IN THE PLAYGROUND: RELIGION AND EDUCATION IN THE UNITED KINGDOM AND BEYOND
- PART FOUR. REFLECTING A PLACE FOR RELIGION?
- RELIGION IN THE HISTORY OF FAMILY LAW IN SCOTLAND
- ACCOMMODATING RELIGION TO THE GAY EQUALITY IMPERATIVE IN FAMILY LAW
- RELIGION, FAMILY VALUES AND FAMILY LAW
- THE PLACE OF RELIGION IN FAMILY LAW: A COMPARATIVE SEARCH